Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor
Executive Education: CM&AA Modules
Three executive education classes that start Tuesday, February 1 at 8:00 am and end Wednesday, February 2 at 12:00 pm.
These classes immediately precede the 2022 Winter Conference. Instructors will cover topics including Private Capital Markets: How Deals Get Done, M&A Process & Best Practices, and Strategic Buyer Process. Join industry experts as they lead the class through processes, tools, and marketing strategies to successfully build and grow an M&A business.
CM&AA Modules Sessions & Instructors:
- Capital Private Markets: How Deals Get Done - Chris Blees, President & CEO, BiggsKofford
- M&A Process & Best Practices - Chris Blees, President & CEO, BiggsKofford
- Strategic Buyer Process - Champ Davis, Managing Director, Davis Capital
CPE Credits: 12 Total (4 per class)
CM&AA MODULES - IN PERSON | $1500
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Classes will be held February 1, 2022 from 8:00 - 5:00 p.m. ET through February 2, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. ET.
The CM&AA is designed for M&A professionals who are engaged in the M&A planning and / or counsel clients:
- Private Company Business Owners and their CFOs, CEOs, and COOs
- M&A Intermediaries
- M&A Attorneys
- Accountants serving privately held companies
- Executives making a transition to Deal Making and M&A Advisory
- Private Equity Professionals
- Family Office Professionals
- Private Company Board Members
- Corporate Development Professionals
- Investment Bankers focused on the Middle Market
- Overview of the middle-market M&A ecosystem and trends
- M&A process from deal origination to due diligence to financial modeling to business valuation to deal structuring & negotiation to transaction closing
- Corporate M&A and investment banking structuring techniques
- Financing strategies for growth and acquisition
- M&A valuation approaches and methodologies including LBO moderling
- M&A tax issues, new laws, and strategies
- M&A legal structures, strategies, challenges, and concerns
- Sell-side M&A process – Learn the process from the industry leaders
- Buy-side M&A process – How to successfully and efficiently grow by acquisition
- Operating frameworks for creating shareholder value
- Growth strategies that work – What private equity firms look for in acquisition candidates
- How to prepare a privately held company for a liquidity event
2022 AM&AA Winter Conference CM&AA Modules: $1500
Registration Fee Includes:
Access to e-library of resources
One-year access to Private Equity Info
Online CM&AA Exam
Prerequisites: Hold an academic degree (e.g. PhD, JD, MBA or Bachelor Degree); and/or one or more professional designations (such as CPA, CFA, CVGA, CEPA, or equivalent). Consideration will also be made for attendees who have private lower middle market management, owner, or advisory experience.
Advanced Preparation: Participants are encouraged to follow the CM&AA Study Guide in preparation for this program.
Program Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: 2022 Winter Conference Executive Education: CM&AA Modules, In-Person Group
CPE Credits: 12 total (4 per class)
Cancellations: Notification of cancelation request received thirty (30) days or more prior to the program start date may receive a full refund minus a $100 administrative fee or transfer to another class scheduled to take place within one (1) year of the original program start date. Cancellation notifications received within thirty (30) days prior to the program start date may receive a 50% refund minus a $100 administrative fee or transfer to another class scheduled to take place within one (1) year of the original program start date.